As Pennsylvania's 2017 Primary Election Day approaches on May 16, various organizations around the county are hosting candidates for debates and forums.
Here are details for currently known debates and forums:
- The Rotary Club of York will host a debate at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday between Jonelle Eshbach and Dave Sunday, both Republican candidates for York County District Attorney. The debate will be held in the ballroom of the Country Club of York.
- The York 912 Patriots will host a forum at 7 p.m. Thursday with Eshbach and Sunday along with York County Court of Common Pleas candidates — Kathleen Prendergast, James Mann, Amber Anstine Kraft, Clyde Vedder, Matt Menges, Chuck Hobbs, Tim Barker, Pete Vaughn and Sandra Thompson — and Craig Stedman, a candidate for the state Supreme Court. The forum will be held at Shiloh Fire Hall, 2190 Carlisle Road.
- The York College History and Political Science Student Union will host a forum at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 20, with York City mayoral candidate Michael Helfrich, who is running in the Democratic primary against incumbent Kim Bracey. The forum will be held in the Weinstock Lecture Hall.
- The York County Center for Community Engagement will host a forum at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 26, with judicial candidates Prendergast, Mann, Kraft, Vedder, Menges, Hobbs, Barker, Vaughn and Thompson. The forum, co-hosted by the York County Bar Association, Fox 43 News and the York Daily Record, will be held in the DeMeester Recital Hall within Wolf Hall.
- York's Alliance of Neighborhood Associations will host a forum 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 1, with Helfrich, Bracey and York City Council candidates Judy Ritter-Dickson, Anne Clark, Renee Nelson and Henry Nixon. The forum, co-hosted by seven other organizations, will be held in the ground-level atrium of Buchart-Horn Inc., at 445 W. Philadelphia St.
— If you know of any other debates or forums scheduled, please contact staff reporter David Weissman at dweissman@yorkdispatch,com.