Debates, forums scheduled ahead of primaries
As Pennsylvania's 2017 Primary Election Day approaches on May 16, various organizations around the county are hosting candidates for debates and forums.
Here are details for currently known debates and forums:
- The Rotary Club of York will host a debate at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday between Jonelle Eshbach and Dave Sunday, both Republican candidates for York County District Attorney. The debate will be held in the ballroom of the Country Club of York.
- The York 912 Patriots will host a forum at 7 p.m. Thursday with Eshbach and Sunday along with York County Court of Common Pleas candidates — Kathleen Prendergast, James Mann, Amber Anstine Kraft, Clyde Vedder, Matt Menges, Chuck Hobbs, Tim Barker, Pete Vaughn and Sandra Thompson — and Craig Stedman, a candidate for the state Supreme Court. The forum will be held at Shiloh Fire Hall, 2190 Carlisle Road.
- The York College History and Political Science Student Union will host a forum at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 20, with York City mayoral candidate Michael Helfrich, who is running in the Democratic primary against incumbent Kim Bracey. The forum will be held in the Weinstock Lecture Hall.
- The York County Center for Community Engagement will host a forum at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 26, with judicial candidates Prendergast, Mann, Kraft, Vedder, Menges, Hobbs, Barker, Vaughn and Thompson. The forum, co-hosted by the York County Bar Association, Fox 43 News and the York Daily Record, will be held in the DeMeester Recital Hall within Wolf Hall.
- York's Alliance of Neighborhood Associations will host a forum 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 1, with Helfrich, Bracey and York City Council candidates Judy Ritter-Dickson, Anne Clark, Renee Nelson and Henry Nixon. The forum, co-hosted by seven other organizations, will be held in the ground-level atrium of Buchart-Horn Inc., at 445 W. Philadelphia St.
— If you know of any other debates or forums scheduled, please contact staff reporter David Weissman at dweissman@yorkdispatch,com.