Saturday update: York County sees 146 new COVID cases
York County had 146 new cases of COVID 19 and one new death as of Saturday, according to the state Department of Health. The local toll sits at 212 deaths and 7,218 positive cases since the pandemic began.
Statewide, there was a record-breaking 4,035 new cases, which brought the total to 227,985. It was the third consecutive day Pennsylvania broke its previous record for day-over-day increases in cases.
There were also 40 new deaths. The death toll now stands at 9,015.
There are 2,426,121 individuals who have tested negative to date, 79,365 of whom reside in York County.
Here’s the age breakdown of those who tested positive, according to the Health Department:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Approximately 2% are ages 5-12;
- Approximately 5% are ages 13-18;
- Nearly 14% are ages 19-24;
- Approximately 36% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 21% are ages 50-64; and
- Nearly 21% are ages 65 or older.