Saturday COVID update: 86 new cases in York County
York County’s COVID case total also hit 6,716 on Satruday, an increase of 86 cases since the day prior. There were no new local deaths, according to the state Department of Health.
Statewide, an additional 2,510 cases were reported as of Saturday, bringing the total to 208,027.
“Daily increases are now the highest they have ever been since the start of the pandemic,” the department noted in a news release.
Twenty-eight new deaths were reported Saturday. The death toll now stands at 8,812.
Of those who have tested positive to date the age breakdown is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Approximately 2% are ages 5-12;
- Approximately 5% are ages 13-18;
- Nearly 14% are ages 19-24;
- Nearly 36% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 21% are ages 50-64; and
- Nearly 21% are ages 65 or older.