2 hospitalized for chlorine inhalation after Lancaster hotel fire
LANCASTER — Authorities say two Pennsylvania hotel employees were hospitalized for treatment of chlorine inhalation after an indoor pool building caught fire over the weekend.
Fire and emergency crews were called to the Continental Inn in Lancaster County’s East Lampeter Township shortly before 4:30 p.m. Saturday after fire broke out in the building behind the main hotel.
Chief Scott Hershey of the Lafayette Fire Company told LNP newspaper that after crews knocked the fire down, they realized that the flames had “compromised some chlorine containers.”
There was no immediate word about the condition of the two employees. Damage from the fire was estimated at about $250,000. The cause remains under investigation.