Are you hungry yet? Here's what to know about 2022 Restaurant Week York
Restaurant Week York is back — and here's everything you need to know about participating dining establishments and their specials.
Starting on Friday, 23 restaurants of all different flavors and flair will whip up new, innovative dishes in the name of supporting local eateries that suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic, said Allison Witherow, president of the York City Independent Restaurant Association.
"This continues to be a difficult time for restaurants after two of the toughest years to date in our industry," she said. "We're excited to showcase new ideas and week-exclusive menus to both new visitors from around the region and our regulars who have been our rock during the pandemic."
Several participating restaurants have crafted new menu items for Restaurant Week. Collusion Tap Works, for instance, added Stout Gravy Poutine to its menu — while Iron Horse York is prepared with Nona's Homemade Meat Lasagna.
Looking for breakfast options? Mezzogiorno, located within York Central Market, is offering three breakfast specials: The Sicilian Express, the Tuscany Egg & Vegetable Bowl and the Steak & Eggs Benedetto.
Other restaurants will offer a special three-course meal option during the week, including at The Cantina York, The Left Bank Restaurant & Bar, Aviano's Corner Trattoria, Revival Social Club and Roosevelt Tavern.
It isn't just food options that have expanded during Restaurant Week, however. At Mudhook Brewing Co., for instance, two new cocktails — The Vanilla Thrilla and Very Fairy Cherry Soda — have been added to the menu.
For a full list of restaurant specials, visit: www.rwyork.com/
Here's the list of participating restaurants and where to find them:
- 2 Wild and Crabby Guys, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
- Aviano's Corner Trattoria, 101 S. Duke St.
- Bonito Sushi + Ramen Pop Up, located inside Aviano's Corner Trattoria, Feb. 21-23
- Central Family Restaurant, 400 N. George St.
- Collusion Tap Works, 105 S. Howard St.
- Granfalloons Tavern, 41 E. Princess St.
- Holy Hound Taproom, 57 W. Market St.
- Hype, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
- Iron Horse York, 1 W. Market St.
- Mezzogiorno, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
- Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 N. Cherry Lane
- Old Forge Brewing Co., 58 W. Market St.
- Prince Street Cafe, 2 W. Market St.
- Revival Social Club, 19 N. George St.
- Rockfish Public House, 110 N. George St.
- Roosevelt Tavern, 50 N. Penn St.
- Sweet Mama's Mambo Sauce, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
- The Cantina York, 105 S. Duke St.
- The Central Doghouse, 34 W. Philadelphia St.
- The Left Bank Restaurant & Bar, 120 N. George St.
- Tutoni's Restaurant, 108 N. George St.
- World Grills, 29 E. King St.
Restaurant Week will finish up Feb. 28.
"Most restaurants are offering takeout as well, so wherever you're eating these days, there's still a way to support your local dining scene," Witherow said.
— Reach Tina Locurto at email@example.com or on Twitter at @tina_locurto.