After further review, York County readjusts use of parks
York County parks won’t be closed after all.
Officials said Saturday afternoon the grounds will remain open after previously saying the gates were closed on Friday after Gov. Tom Wolf issued a stay-at-home order for York County through April 6 to help fight the spread of coronavirus.
The decision to keep the parks open was made to stay in line with state parks, which are allowing walking and hiking.
“We ask that park users enjoy our spaces cautiously and practice safe distances of at least six feet and do not congregate in large groups of more than 10 people. If large gatherings persist, we will have to close the gates,” York County spokesman Mark Walters said in an updated statement.
According to the previous release:
- Park bathrooms are locked.
- John Rudy Park Administrative Office is closed to public walk-ins.
- Nixon Park Nature Center closed.
- Pavilion rentals are not available, and soccer fields and softball fields are closed.
- All playgrounds are closed.
- Nature Play areas at Nixon Park and Rocky Ridge are closed.
- The rear parking lot at John Rudy, including Canine Meadows, is closed.