Saturday's York White Rose Run will close several city roads
Multiple street closings will occur on Saturday because of the annual York White Rose Run event.
The 5-mile community run, which will take place from 8 to 9:30 a.m., will begin at the first block of North Beaver Street. That portion of the road will be closed from 7:30 to 8 a.m., according to a city news release.
The race will continue through downtown, Farquhar Park and Fireside. The following portions of streets will be closed by either barricades or professional flaggers and will reopen as the race progresses:
- Beaver Street from Jefferson Street to College Avenue.
- College Avenue from Beaver Street to Thackston Lane.
- South Newberry Street from Princess Street to Market Street.
- Market Street from Newberry Street to Hartley Street.
- Hartley Street from Market Street to Linden Avenue.
- Linden Avenue from Hartley Street to Elm Street as well as the cross street of Roosevelt Avenue.
- Elm Street from Linden Avenue to Maryland Avenue as well as the cross street of Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Maryland Avenue onto Atlantic Avenue and into Fireside Road, Priority Road and Carl Street.
- Parkway Boulevard from Carl Street to Newberry Street as well as the cross street of Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Pennsylvania Avenue from Willis Run Road to Roosevelt Avenue.
- Newberry Street from Madison Avenue to Park Street.
- Madison Avenue from Newberry Street to North Penn Street.
- North Penn Street from Madison Street to Park Street.
- Park Street from Penn Street to Newberry Street.
- Jefferson Avenue from Newberry Street to Beaver Street.
The race will conclude in the 100 block of North Beaver Street, closing the traffic between Gas Avenue and Philadelphia Street from 8 to 10 a.m.
— Logan Hullinger can be reached at email@example.com or via Twitter at @LoganHullYD.