CLOSE

York City firefighter Jonathan Spencer recorded video through a helmet camera of a fire in the 800 block of Pennsylvania Avenue on Dec. 22. Video courtesy of Jonathan Spencer, York City Fire and Rescue York Dispatch

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Fire damaged the first and second floor of a York City home Saturday, Dec. 22, according to the York City Fire department. 

The initial call at 10:35 a.m. reported a smoking air conditioning unit in the 800 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, said York City Fire Chief David Michaels. 

When crews arrived on site, there was smoke and flames on the side of the building, he said.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze, according to the chief.

Michaels said nobody was injured in the fire and he does not know how many individuals were displaced.

Firefighters were able to rescue a kitten from the third floor of the home; there were no other pets inside, he said. 

Deputy Chief Chad Deardorff said the fire was an electrical fire which caused about $75,000 in damage. 

Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

More: Fire destroys Conewago Twp. mobile home

More: After fatal house fire, York fire chiefs share tips for a safe holiday season

More: Chief: Woman smoking while on oxygen starts York fire

 

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/local/2018/12/22/kitten-rescued-york-city-house-fire/2397412002/