York Fair: Free residential parking permits available in city
York City is providing 24-hour parking permits free of charge for residents living in areas to be affected by the upcoming York Fair, which takes place Friday, Sept. 7, to Thursday, Sept. 16.
Each household is limited to three permits, and proof of residency and registration cards for each vehicle are required, according to a Tuesday, Aug. 14, city press release.
All residents living within an established area must have the permit displayed on the driver side window of their car or motorcycle to avoid a parking ticket, and the permits are only valid within one block of the holder's residence.
Street sweeping in the residential fair parking area will be suspended during the fair.
Permits are available from Monday, Aug. 20, to Sunday, Sept. 16. They will be distributed from the revenue office in City Hall at 101 S. George St. weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and from the police department at 50 W. King St. weekdays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., the release states.
Individuals requesting a visitor’s permit or who have other questions must contact Mary Shoff, the city's parking enforcement supervisor, at 717-849-2230.
Permits are available for the following addresses affected by the fair:
- 600, 700, 800, 900 blocks of Linden Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Maryland Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Florida Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Texas Avenue
- 800 block of Fern Place
- 200 block of North Richland Avenue
- 800 block of Delaware Avenue
- 1000 block of West King Street
- 1000 block of West Poplar Street
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 blocks of North Belvidere Avenue
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 blocks of Carlisle Ave
- 600, 700, 800, 900 blocks of Madison Avenue
- 600, 700, 800 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue
- 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 blocks of North Hawthorne Street
- 700 block of West Philadelphia Street
- 200 block of Smyser Alley
- 900 block of Clayton Avenue