Road closures to affect downtown York City traffic into early next week
York City residents can expect to take detours when driving downtown beginning Friday, June 8, into early next week.
The following road closures are a result of construction work being performed by Met-Ed, Columbia Gas and the York Railway Co., according to a Thursday, June 7, city press release.
- Friday, June 8-Sunday, June 10: The intersection of Market Street and Pershing Avenue will be closed for repairs. Traffic heading east on Market Street will be detoured onto King Street at Newberry Street. Pershing Avenue between Philadelphia Street and King Street will also be closed.
- Friday, June 8: Entrance to the Market Street Parking Garage via South Duke Street will be restricted; the westbound entrance will be closed. Cars will need to enter the parking garage via Market Street traveling east.
- Friday, June 8: Ablemarle Street will be closed from Gas Avenue to Philadelphia Street. Traffic on Philadelphia Street may be reduced to one lane.
- Saturday, June 9: Hay Street will be closed between Ablemarle Street and Eberts Lane. Ablemarle Street will be closed between Walnut Street and Gas Avenue.
- Monday, June 11-Tuesday, June 12: Ablemarle Street will be closed from Gas Avenue to Philadelphia Street. Traffic on Philadelphia Street may be reduced to one lane.