York Community Progress Council sets date for annual WIC event
York County's Community Progress Council will hold its annual event early next month to distribute Farmers' Market Nutrition Program vouchers to participants in its Women, Infants and Children program.
The program provides vouchers for locally grown produce to Women, Infants and Children participants, including pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, and children between 1 and 5 years old, according to a news release from the council.
Vouchers for $20 can be claimed and redeemed from June through November, the release states.
The June 1 event at York City's Penn Market is free and will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. A WIC ID or photo ID is required, and new participants can enroll at the event.
Events for children, giveaways and information tables from other community organizations will be available, according to the news release.
Program participants unable to attend the event can claim their vouchers at satellite locations during the dates and times below:
- Red Lion, Golden Connections Community Center, 20 Gotham Place, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 4.
- Shrewsbury, St. Paul United Church of Christ, 161 S. Main St., 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 5.
- Lewisberry, Lewisberry Community Center, 308 Market St., 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 6.
- Delta, Mason-Dixon Community Services, 5 Pendyrus St., Suite 2, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 7.
- Dillsburg, Dillsburg Senior Activity Center, 1 N. Second St., 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 14.
- Dover, Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church, 9 N. Main St., 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 19.
- Hanover, New Hope Ministries, 135 Baltimore St., 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 26.