Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Drivers beware: Road work scheduled for York County this month
Paving work in York County may affect traffic this month, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
PennDOT said in a news release that paving operations will take place on sections of road in Shrewsbury Township, Newberry Township, East Manchester Township, Hellam Township and York Township throughout May.
Drivers may encounter single-lane traffic restrictions during the work, with flaggers directing traffic through the construction zones on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m., the release states.
The dates and locations of the work from the release are:
- Tuesday, May 8, until Thursday, May 10, crews will pave a 1.1-mile section of Toad Valley Road, Route 3022, from Main Street in Shrewsbury to Clearview Drive in Shrewsbury Township.
- Thursday, May 10, through Friday, May 11, crews will do base repair on Accomac Road from Route 462 to Cool Creek Road, and workers will return on Thursday, May 24, to begin paving work on a half-mile section of Route 462 and Horn Road in Hellam Township.
- Thursday, May 10, through Wednesday, May 16, crews will pave a 2.3-mile section of Old Forge Road, Route 4020, in Newberry Township from Route 114 to the York County and Cumberland County Line.
- Thursday, May 17, until Wednesday, May 23, crews will pave a 2.3-mile section of Starview Road, Route 1010, from Route 181 to Route 24, in East Manchester Township.
- Tuesday, May 29, through Friday, June 1, crews will pave a 3.4-mile section of Iron Stone Hill Road, Route 2087, from Route 214 at the York Township and North Hopewell Township line, to Route 74, South Queen Street in York Township.
The work is dependent on weather, according to the release.
— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at email@example.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.