York City firefighters dispatched to a house fire in the 200 block of South Pine Street Wednesday, Feb. 21, found a resident sitting on the second-story window ledge trying to escape the smoke.

According to officials on the scene, firefighters brought the woman back safely through the window and down to the street through the home. 

No damage was reported in the fire, which was called in about 2:30 p.m. and was attributed to burned food. Firefighters removed upper story windows and used fans to clear the smoke from the residence. 

Read or Share this story: