PSP collecting toys, books for Toys for Tots
Want to help less fortunate kids this Christmas season? So do the state police.
That's why state police stations in south-central Pennsylvania are asking people to drop off new, unwrapped toys and books for the Toys for Tots Foundation from now until the week of Dec. 11, according to Trooper Brent Miller, a state police spokesman.
Toys for Tots is coordinated by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves.
In York County, drop off toys at the barracks at 110 Trooper Court, just off the Loganville exit of Interstate 83 (Exit 10).
Gift donations also can be dropped off at:
- Adams County barracks, 3033 Old Harrisburg Road in Gettysburg
- Cumberland County barracks, 1538 Commerce Ave. in Carlisle
- Two Dauphin County barracks, 8000 Bretz Drive in Harrisburg and 301 State Drive in Elizabethville
- Franklin County barracks, 679 Franklin Farm Road in Chambersburg
- Perry County barracks, 155 Red Hill Road in Newport.
The boxes will be picked up the week of Dec. 11 and delivered to local organizations, which will then distribute the toys and books to less-fortunate children, Miller said.
— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.