Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Chief: Jackson resident trying to thaw snowblower sparks fire
A Jackson Township resident trying to thaw his snowblower with a space heater accidentally set his detached garage ablaze Wednesday morning, according to a fire official.
Nashville Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Brad Dunham said the man placed the heater too close to combustibles, sparking a fire the chief estimated did $50,000 damage to the structure and contents.
Firefighters were at the 911 Hanover Road property from about 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., during which time they blocked off a portion of the road. Located between South Biesecker Road and Route 30, the fire did cause a traffic backup.
No one was hurt in the fire, Dunham said. Although there were no cars in the garage, it did contain two older motorcycles and some welding equipment, he added.