Firefighter falls through floor of vacant Hanover home
A firefighter has escaped serious injury despite falling through the floor of a burning, vacant home in Hanover.
The name of the firefighter hasn’t been released, but the incident happened about 11 p.m. Saturday at 651 Broadway, according to the Hanover Borough Fire Department.
York County emergency dispatchers said crews at the scene issued a mayday after the floor collapsed, but the firefighter was rescued without injury.
Hanover Borough Police Chief Chad Martin said in an email Sunday that the cause of the fire was determined to be arson after an investigation by the fire department and a state police fire marshal. The Hanover Police Department is investigating. The chief said no one was injured, and he did not have a damage estimate.
Messages left for fire officials for additional information were not immediately returned Sunday afternoon.
Staff reporter Christopher Dornblaser contributed to this report.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.