SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
$5 for 3 months. Save 83%.

Kitchen fire displaces 3 in York City

Christopher Dornblaser
717-505-5436/@YDDornblaser

A kitchen fire displaced two adults and a child Saturday morning, York City Fire Chief David Michaels said.

Three people were displaced because of a kitchen fire in a home in the 800 block of Chestnut Street on Saturday morning.

The fire occurred at a home in the 800 block of Chesnut Street around 11 a.m. The chief said the fire was put out quickly, and no one was injured.

He said the fire was caused by unattended cooking by a resident who had left the home. The resident realized the stove was still on and ran back to the house.

"The damage is contained to the kitchen," Michaels said.

No one was in the home during the fire, and no people or pets were harmed, said the chief, who did not have a damage estimate. He said the residents will be displaced temporarily. Once the kitchen is fixed, they will be able to go back into the home.

"It's not going to be extensive," he said.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.

Three people were displaced because of a kitchen fire in a home in the 800 block of Chestnut Street on Saturday morning.
Three people were displaced because of a kitchen fire in a home in the 800 block of Chestnut Street on Saturday morning.