One injured in hazmat incident in West Manchester
York County 911 confirmed one person was being treated Tuesday for inhalation of chemicals at a residence in West Manchester Township.
First responders were dispatched at 11:27 a.m. to a hazmat incident at 1439 Greenmeadow Drive near Little Creek Road and Wheatfield Drive.
Carl Linquist, spokesman for York County, said hazmat teams were sent to the building about 11:30 a.m. and found unsafe concentrations of chlorine in the air, caused by the mixing of two chemicals within the building. He said teams sealed the container where the chemicals were mixed and ventilated the building to remove the fumes.
“The goal is to release the dangerous chemicals that is causing concern within ... without causing any threat external of the building,” Lindquist said.
After ventilation, the team then monitored conditions both outside and inside the building and determined there was no safety risk.
No one from the West Manchester Fire Department, the responding department, could be reached for comment Tuesday afternoon.