Giant recalls salad products over potential metal contamination
Giant Food Stores has announced recalls on a slew of BrightFarms products “due to the potential presence of metal.”
As a result of construction at BrightFarms’ Elkwood, Virginia, greenhouse farm, metal fragments could be found in multiple packaged salad products, according to a news release.
The recall covers the following products with dates from May 22 to May 26:
- BrightFarms Baby Spinach (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Spring Mix (4 oz. and 8 oz. packages)
- BrightFarms Spinach Blend (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Baby Kale (3 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Arugula (4 oz. and 8 oz. packages)
- BrightFarms Mixed Greens (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Baby Romaine (4 oz. and 8 oz. packages)
BrightFarms and Giant Food Stores have also issued recalls on several basil products with dates from May 18 to May 23:
- BrightFarms Basil (.75 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Thai Basil (.75 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Lemon Basil (.75 oz. package)
No illnesses have been reported in connection to the products, according to the release.
Giant customers who bought the salad products should discard any unused portions and bring their receipt to any Giant store for a refund. For more information, call BrightFarms at 646-480-5262 or Giant customer service at 888-814-4268.