2 Eastern students suspended for bomb threats
Three times in four days last week, Eastern York Middle School was evacuated because of written bomb threats.
The school district reported on its website that the middle school students were evacuated at approximately 8:30 a.m. Friday after a bomb threat was found written on the wall in a boys' bathroom. Students were sent to the high school.
Local police responded to the scene and searched the school to ensure it was safe for students and staff to re-enter. The school was cleared for re-entry at 9:40 a.m. after a student confessed to writing the false bomb threat.
Superintendent Darla Pianowski said in a statement that the threats were from three separate students. Two of the students have been suspended from school and are facing penalties for issuing false bomb threats, the release said.
On Tuesday, the school was evacuated for the first time. The district published information on its website stating that the school was evacuated at 12:46 p.m. after a bomb threat written on a piece of crumpled paper was found inside a students' workspace. The school was cleared at approximately 4 p.m. by the Lower Windsor Police Department.
On Thursday, a notice on the district's website stated that Eastern York was evacuated at 11:39 a.m. after a bomb threat was found written on a sticky note stuck to a locker. The incident was recorded on a surveillance camera, according to a news release from Pianowski. Students returned to school at approximately 1:30 p.m., once the building was cleared.
The district has stated that the first bomb threat is still under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the building principal.
Those who wrote the threats face charges that include making terroristic threats and disorderly conduct, Lower Windsor Police Sgt. Ben Wind said.