Marshals capture York City man accused of vicious beating

Liz Evans Scolforo
York Dispatch

Members of the U.S. Marshals Service's Fugitive Task Force have captured a York City man wanted since August for allegedly inflicting serious injuries on his then-girlfriend because an old flame texted her.

Juijuan Maurice Williams Sr. was captured about 6:45 a.m. Friday, Oct. 12, in York City, according to a news release from the marshals service.

According to the release, members of the task force searching for Williams checked a home in the 500 block of Walnut Street, causing Williams to run across a rooftop in a failed escape bid.

Juijuan Maurice Williams Sr.

He was quickly captured, the release states.

Williams, 34, of the 800 block of Wayne Avenue, was taken to the county's central booking unit, where he was arraigned by District Judge Linda Williams on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment and making terroristic threats, according to charging documents.

It is unclear if he has retained an attorney.

Locked up: Court records indicate Williams was unable to post his $30,000 bail and was committed to York County Prison.

York City Police and the marshals' local Fugitive Task Force have been searching for Williams since a warrant was issued for his arrest on Aug. 2.

Police said Williams' then-girlfriend suffered head and neck injuries from the July 4 attack that required her to undergo immediate surgery.

Williams attacked the woman at the home of a friend who lives in the area of the 1100 block of East Market Street, police have said.

According to charging documents, the woman received a text message from her ex-boyfriend and told Williams so after he questioned her about it.

Williams responded by grabbing the woman's phone and head-butting her, then yelling, "The only way out is in a coffin," documents allege.

'Gaping wound': He head-butted the woman a second time, causing a gaping wound on the top of her head, according to police.

The woman started to black out, at which point Williams delivered two uppercut punches to her jaw, charging documents state.

"Blood started to pour down (her) face as she grabbed her daughter ... and ran outside to the Laundromat down the street," where she called a family member for help, according to documents.

The family member drove her to York Hospital, where it was determined that swelling in the woman's neck was cutting off the flow of liquid to her spinal cord, police said.

She underwent surgery to fuse two neck vertebrae and needed five staples to close the head wound where Williams head-butted her, documents state.

— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.