LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Two men are accused of robbing a man early Sunday morning, July 15, in Hanover and taking off with a few dollars, cigarettes and a watch, according to police.

However, Hanover Police said it only took a few hours to track down one of the men, Samson Elijah Wells, who admitted he had a "confrontation" with the victim.

Wells, 23, of the first block of Beck Mill Road, is charged with robbery, theft, receiving stolen property and harassment.

Police identified Jordan Tykell Neibert, 22, of the 200 block of East Second Avenue, Gettsyburg, as the second suspect in the robbery. Neibert faces the same charges but had not been arraigned on them as of Sunday, July 22. 

More: Police: Guns, drugs seized in Hanover arrest

More: Hanover sports treasurer to pay back $750K from embezzlement

More: Hanover-area home raided, 2 women charged with dealing drugs

Alleged incident: According to charging documents, the victim was robbed in the 300 block of North Franklin Street just after midnight Sunday, July 15. He had just left a bar, officials said.

Police said the man was approached by a couple of individuals who began striking him on the face, then went through his pockets and took $9, his cigarettes and a watch off of his wrist.

When police spoke to him, the victim had a split lip and swelling on his right eye, court documents state.

Police said the responding officer received video from the bar that showed two men approaching then attacking the victim in the 300 block of North Franklin Street.

That officer then spotted Wells in the 100 block of East Chestnut Street just before 4:15 a.m.

Wells, who matched the description of one of the offenders, admitted to police that he was on the scene of the incident with his friend Neibert, and that there had been a "confrontation" with the victim, court documents state.

Neibert, according to officials, was seen on video confronting and attacking the victim.

Additionally, police said Wells was found with the stolen watch. 

Wells was taken to the county's central booking unit for arraignment Sunday night. As of Thursday he remained in York County Prison in lieu of $50,000 bail.

He does not have an attorney listed.

Wells' preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 24 at District Judge Dwayne Dubs' office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.

 

 

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/crime/2018/07/19/man-accused-hanover-robbery/788824002/