Two Lancaster men face trial in Wollman homicide

Liz Evans Scolforo
York Dispatch

One of two Lancaster County men accused of driving Aaron Wollman to a secluded area of southeastern York County and fatally shooting him is now facing trial, along with his co-defendant.

Kevin Michael Galvin, 56, remains in York County Prison without bail, charged with homicide and criminal conspiracy.

He appeared in York County Court on Wednesday, June 27, for his scheduled preliminary hearing before District Judge Laura Manifold.

The body of Aaron Wollman, 25, of Lancaster County, was found near the intersection of Bare and Furnace roads in Lower Chanceford Twp. about 7 a.m. April 16, 2018, according to the York County Coroner's Office.

Galvin waived his right to that hearing, after which Manifold set his formal court arraignment for Aug. 3.

Asked whether Galvin's waiver indicated there are ongoing plea negotiations, chief deputy prosecutor Tim Barker said no, not at this point.

"It's just part of a general conversation between the defense and the commonwealth," Barker said.

Defense attorney Bill Graff said it was "not to his benefit" to have the hearing.

Galvin maintains his innocence, according to his attorney.

"He did nothing," Graff told The York Dispatch.

Galvin's co-defendant, 32-year-old Lleland Grant Wade, formerly of Mississippi, waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Tuesday, June 19, according to court records. Wade's formal court arraignment is scheduled for July 27, those records state.

Wade also remains in York County Prison without bail. His attorney, public defender Josh Neiderhiser, declined comment.

Murder charges: The homicide charges against Galvin and Wade will be changed to first-degree murder charges at their formal court arraignment, according to Kyle King, spokesman for the York County District Attorney's Office.

The men are accused of killing  Wollman after hearing rumors that Wollman had sexually assaulted some women they know.

Kevin Galvin

Charging documents filed by state police allege Wade and Galvin took Wollman to Lower Chanceford Township in the early-morning hours of April 16, where Galvin shot Wollman "until the firearm was empty."

The body of Wollman, 25, of Denver, Lancaster County, was found near the corner of Bare Road and Furnace Road (Route 425) about 7 a.m. April 16, according to state police.

He'd been shot seven times, police said — three times in the head and four times in the back.

Wade was arrested at the Days Inn in East Lampeter Township, Lancaster County, on April 17. State police have said they evacuated the hotel before arresting him.

After Wade was arrested, he told state police that he and Galvin discussed killing Wollman and convinced him to go with them by tricking him into believing they were going to buy drugs, officials said.

More:2nd accused in Lower Chanceford Twp. homicide

More:DA: Motive in Lower Chanceford homicide being investigated

'Infuriated': According to police, Wade indicated that Galvin was "infuriated" after a woman confirmed to him that she had been sexually assaulted by Wollman.

Lleland Wade

Following Wollman's death, Galvin went to a friend's home in Columbia and admitted to killing Wollman, according to documents.

On April 23, Galvin spent the entire day with a friend and using methamphetamine, according to officials.

During that time he admitted to killing someone and repeatedly made statements such as "we murdered a man" and "we killed someone," court documents state. 

Galvin was arrested on unrelated warrants and taken to Lancaster County Prison, where he was still being held when the York County homicide charge was filed against him.

State police have not said whether they believe Wollman sexually assaulted anyone.

— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.