York City man accused of assault outside Springetts club

A York City man is accused of assaulting a woman outside a Springettsbury Township club, according to police.

Township police say Mustafa Wali Jamison grabbed a woman and threw her to the ground, then kicked her in the head several times outside Fat Daddy's, 2510 E. Market St., on March 11.

Jamison, of the 100 block of South Richland Avenue, is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, strangulation and harassment. 

More:Four accused in assault outside Springetts bar

More:Springetts man accused of repeatedly exposing himself to neighbor

Mustafa Jamison

Alleged assault: According to police, Jamison saw the victim at the club with a group that included his baby's mother and accused the victim of "f—ing with her."

The victim explained that the baby's mother had been brought to their group by a mutual friend and that she didn't know her, documents state.

The two shook hands, and Jamison offered to buy the woman a drink, officials said.

About 1:45 a.m., the victim and her group were in a van about to leave when Jamison pulled the door open and tried to get to his baby's mother, charging documents state. She got out of the van and ran toward the club, while Jamison began punching the woman, according to police.

He hit her in the head and sides, then choked her while calling her homophobic slurs, charging documents state.

Jamison pulled her out of the car, and she fell to the pavement, according to police. While she was on the ground, he kicked her in the head several times until other people came and pulled him away, officials said. Police say he then ran off.

The victim went to Memorial Hospital, where staff found that she had head and hand swelling after the alleged assault, court documents state.

Sgt. Brian Wilbur said the alleged assault was domestic-related.

Charges were filed for Jamison on March 13. He was taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Task Force in the 100 block of South Richland Avenue without incident on March 14, according to a news release.

He was arraigned on the charges that day and was released on $25,000 unsecured bail, meaning he could forfeit up to that amount if he doesn't show up to court proceedings.

A number could not be found for him, and his attorney could not be reached for comment Wednesday, March 21.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 28 at District Judge Barry Bloss Jr.'s office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.