LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Central York High School was evacuated Thursday morning after police received a tip about a possible bomb threat, the district said in a statement.

Students left the school about 8:15 a.m. Thursday, March 15, while Springettsbury Township Police and the county's bomb-detection unit responded to the school, according to the district.

More: Police: Central middle-schooler to be charged in threats

More: Girl, 13, charged in Central York threats

More: Central York board considers additional safety measures after threats

Police searched the schools and determined there was no threat. Students, faculty and staff returned to the school at 8:45 a.m.

The search and evacuation were done out of an "overabundance of caution," according to the district.

Thursday's incident comes just weeks after the district canceled classes for three days while officials investigated online threats. Officials said a 13-year-old middle school student made threats online last month, which prompted the school to close for three days while authorities investigated.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.

 

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/crime/2018/03/15/district-central-york-high-school-evacuated-following-bomb-threat/427483002/