Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Chief: York man shot this week also shot in September
Two people shot while walking along Park Place this week were likely targeted, according to York City Police — and one of them was shot two months ago.
Ismael Felix Rosario, 22, of York City, and a 17-year-old York City boy escaped life-threatening injuries on Wednesday, according to Capt. Troy Bankert, who supervises the city's detective bureau.
Gunfire rang out about 4:50 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15, in the 200 block of Park Place.
Each suffered a gunshot wound to the calf, and Rosario also was shot in the left buttocks, Bankert said.
They were walking in the block when they were fired on, according to Bankert.
Police are not yet saying whether there was more than one shooter or where the shooter or shooters came from.
However, information gathered so far by detectives indicates Rosario and the teen were targeted, Bankert said.
Rosario's condition could not be obtained Thursday, Nov. 16. The other victim's name wasn't released because he's a juvenile.
A home in the block was damaged by gunfire, Bankert said.
Shot in September: Rosario was one of four people shot in what police called a targeted shooting about 10 p.m. Sept. 13.
Rosario was shot in the torso. The others wounded were a 17-year-old girl, a woman and another man.
At the time, Bankert released only Rosario's name and said all four victims were expected to survive.
The Sept. 13 shooting happened in the 400 block of South Duke Street, according to police.
York City Police Chief Wes Kahley confirmed the Rosario shot this week is the same one shot in September.
Anyone with information about either shooting is asked to call York City detectives at 717-849-2219, or text "Yorktips" and your information to 847-411.
— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.