Charges dropped for woman in car with Trev Jackson

Liz Evans Scolforo
York Dispatch

Charges have been dropped against a woman who was with Trev Bowies Jackson II when he tried to shoot a Northern Regional police officer at point-blank range.

Cristina Perez testified at Jackson's trial that she had no idea what was going to happen and tried to jump out of his car when Jackson took off, but the car was moving too fast. Jackson let her out a block or two later, she said.

Billboards show Trev Bowies Jackson II's photo and note there's a $5,000 reward for his arrest.

Perez, 24, of York, initially told police she knew nothing of the incident but quickly recanted and admitted being present at the scene.

Based on her initial claim of not knowing anything about the encounter, Northern York County Regional Police charged her with hindering the apprehension of a suspect by providing police with false information.

The York County District Attorney's Office on Thursday, Aug. 3, filed a notice seeking the case be dismissed, and presiding Common Pleas Judge Craig T. Trebilcock did so the same day, according to court records.

'Scared to death': "She wasn't guilty of anything," defense attorney Bill Graff said. "The bottom line was, she was a passenger in his car and didn't know what was going to happen.

"She was scared to death."

Graff has been asking prosecutors to drop the case since shortly after being retained, he said.

"It was the right thing to do," he said.

Cristina Perez

Jackson's sometime girlfriend, 24-year-old Cathilia Laureano, pleaded guilty to her hindering charge for patching up Jackson's gunshot wound. She was sentenced to time served (34 days) to 18 months in prison.

The hindering case against the third woman, 34-year-old Xeomarie Velez-Quinones, remains active. She is accused of giving Jackson a ride after he fled police.

Decades in prison: Jackson, 26, of York City, was sentenced April 25 to 30 to 60 years in state prison after presiding Common Pleas Judge Michael E. Bortner noted Jackson is a threat to the community.

During the sentencing hearing, chief deputy prosecutor Dave Sunday called Jackson "an extreme risk" to public safety.

Officer Lynn Anderson

Northern York County Regional Police Officer Lynn Anderson Jr. somehow escaped a shot to the face at point-blank range and dove for safety as Jackson fired at him two more times.

Anderson suffered powder burns on his face and his eye, according to trial testimony.

Jurors on March 23 found Jackson guilty of attempted first-degree murder, assault on a law-enforcement officer and reckless endangerment. They also found him guilty of burglary, theft and receiving stolen property for breaking into a shed and stealing a bicycle to make his escape.

The traffic stop: Anderson pulled over Jackson about 10 p.m. Nov. 22, 2015,  for drifting between lanes and not using his turn signal on Route 30 in Manchester Township. Both men turned into the Crossroads Shopping Center and stopped next to Rita's Italian Ice.

At trial, Anderson said he could smell marijuana in the car and that Jackson dropped his driver's license on the ground when asked for it.

More:Jackson gets 30-60 years for shooting at Northern Regional officer

More:Officer recounts being shot at by Trev Jackson II

The bullet and gun were so close to the officer it left powder burns on his face and in his right eye, according to trial testimony.

Returned fire: Anderson dove for cover as Jackson fired twice more at him before jumping back in his car and fleeing. The officer returned fire, shooting Jackson in the left hand.

Trev Jackson II is charged with attempted homicide on a Northern Regional police officer.

Jackson was eventually captured by U.S. marshals in Philadelphia.

He is appealing, according to court records.

Jackson previously served 5½ years in state prison for dealing crack cocaine and being a previously convicted felon in illegal possession of a gun.

— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.