LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A former West York man is in county prison on $250,000 bail, accused of raping a girl when she was about 9 years old.

Daniel Hotz, 34, now of the 400 block of West Princess Street, is charged with child rape, indecent assault and corruption of a minor.

During an interview last month with West York Police detectives, Hotz denied sexually assaulting the girl and eventually claimed the girl came on to him and climbed on top of him as he lay in bed, according to charging documents filed by Detective Michael Mendez Sr.

A voice stress analysis test of Hotz "showed deception" in his answers about whether he showed the girl a pornographic video and whether he touched any part of her with his penis, those documents allege.

Afraid to tell: The alleged victim, who is now 16 years old and no longer lives in the borough, recently came forward and alleged Hotz made her watch a pornographic movie and then raped her sometime around 2009, documents state.

She said her father was friends with Hotz, whose name she wasn't sure of. She said she didn't tell her father at the time because her father was physically abusing her and "already hated her," according to Mendez.

Police said she slept over at Hotz's home with a girl whose mother lived with Hotz at the time, but when she awoke there was no one there but Hotz, documents state.

That's when Hotz allegedly took her into his bedroom, held her down by her arms and forced her to watch porn on his laptop computer, police allege.

He then started rubbing her chest and thighs, took off her pants and raped her, causing injury, bleeding and pain, according to charging documents.

More: Md. cop charged with child sex offenses in York County

Tracked down: The girl was able to give police the first names of the woman who lived with Hotz at the time and her daughter, as well as where they lived in the borough, which allowed Mendez to identify Hotz by name, documents state.

The girl then picked out Hotz from a photographic lineup as the man who raped her, police said.

Detectives interviewed Hotz on July 10, and he denied the accusation, police said.

He admitted he took the girl into his bedroom to watch a movie on his laptop but denied it was a porn film, documents state.

More: Prison for wife who helped W. Manheim man rape kids

Cops: Story 'changed': "Hotz then changed his story," Mendez wrote, telling detectives the girl came onto him and "wanted to play boyfriend/girlfriend."

He admitted restraining her by holding her arms but said it was to keep her from kissing him, according to documents.

Hotz admitted kissing her "just once," then changed his mind and said she only tried to kiss him, documents allege.

"Hotz added to his story that he was laying on the bed when (she) climbed on top (of) him," Mendez wrote. "He related that she was coming onto him romantically."

Voice test: That's when detectives administered the voice-stress analysis test that documents allege showed deception on Hotz's part. Those tests are not admissible evidence in court.

It is unclear whether Hotz has retained an attorney.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Sept. 15 before District Judge Jennifer Clancy, court records state.

— Reach Liz Evans Scolforo at levans@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @LizScolforoYD.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/crime/2017/08/03/accused-child-rapist-said-girl-came-onto-him-west-york-police-say/536738001/