A 15-year-old boy from York Township spent several hours in York County Prison on Saturday after allegedly holding up a convenience store with a pellet gun.

Kade Michael Busino, of the 2400 block of Markey Street, is facing seven charges as an adult, including one felony count of robbery and five misdemeanors, after allegedly robbing the Royal Farms several blocks from his home early Saturday morning, according to charging documents.

About 12:50 a.m. Saturday, two York Area Regional Police officers were conducting their routine patrol when they saw a person wearing all black clothing running away from the Royal Farms at 2605 S. Queen St., documents state.

The officers got ahead of the person and pulled into the parking lot of the International Water Co. at 150 Farm Lane, documents state.

As the person ran toward the police vehicle, the officers saw he was wearing a black shirt, dark pants, a ski mask and gloves as well as a backpack, according to court documents.

Foot chase: While chasing the person on foot around the International Water building, the officers were notified of an armed robbery involving a handgun at the nearby Royal Farms, documents state.

Busino was found hiding outside a mobile home at 521 Middleview Drive, and officers found the backpack he threw into a nearby field, according to court documents.

Charging documents state the backpack contained $142 in cash, a black pellet gun that resembled a semi-automatic handgun and a folding knife with a 5-inch blade, as well as a carton of L&M Menthol 100 cigarettes — the same item the robber made off with, a Royal Farm employee told police.

A second employee told police that a male wearing a ski mask entered the store and put a gun to her head, demanding money, documents state.

Surveillance video from the store showed the robber was wearing the same clothing Busino was when he was arrested, according to court documents.

Busino was transported to York County Central Booking and then to York County Prison on Saturday. Busino was released from prison later that day after posting $50,000 bail.

Read or Share this story: