Saturday COVID update: Nearly 100 new cases reported in York County
York County had 97 new cases of COVID-19 as of Saturday, pushing the total to 7,966 since the outbreak began, the state Health Department reported.
Statewide, the case total hit 259,938 Saturday, an increase of 5,551 cases since the day prior — the highest increase on record. About 70% of patients have recovered. There were also 50 new deaths linked to COVID-19. The death toll now stands at 9,274.
There were two new deaths in York County, bringing the death toll at 223.
There have been 2,538,147 patients in the state who have tested negative for COVID-19, 82,921 of whom reside in York County.
The most recent age breakdown of those who have tested positive in Pennsylvania is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Approximately 2% are ages 5-12;
- Approximately 5% are ages 13-18;
- Approximately 13% are ages 19-24;
- Approximately 36% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 21% are ages 50-64; and
- Approximately 20% are ages 65 or older.