St. Patrick's Day Parade will happen in 2023, organizers vow
After three years, the St. Patrick's Day Parade will return to York City.
The 37th parade will kick off at 1 p.m. March 11, 2023, starting from Market and Penn streets.
The parade has not happened since 2019 due to COVID-19 concerns, with a lack of staffing hampering this year's celebration.
Organizers say that, although the heavily anticipated event is still six months away, there's much to celebrate ahead of March.
A "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day" celebration event is slated from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, in downtown York. Tickets will cost $25, with proceeds supporting next year's parade.
Participating bars and restaurants in York City will offer food and drink specials to those who purchase tickets. Additionally, the admission will include a 2023 St. Patrick's Day Parade T-shirt.
Interested individuals can purchase tickets to the Halfway St. Patrick's Parade celebration by visiting https://bit.ly/3ebbVeh.
Below is a list of participating bars and restaurants:
- Aviano's Corner Trattoria, 101 S. Duke St.
- Collusion TapWorks, 105 S. Howard St.
- Gift Horse Brewing Co., 117 N. George St.
- Granfalloons Tavern, 41 E. Princess St.
- Hamir's Indian Fusion, 24 S. George St.
- Holy Hound Tap Room, 57 W. Market St.
- Iron Horse York, 1 W. Market St.
- Liquid Hero Brewery, 50 E. North St.
- Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 N. Cherry Lane
- The Cantina York, 105 S. Duke St.
- Rockfish Public House, 110 N. George St.
- The Left Bank, 120 N. George St.
- The Fig and Barrel Pub, 25 W. Market St.
- The Handsome Cab, 106 N. George St.
- White Rose Bar and Grill, 48 N. Beaver St.
- Revival Social Club, 19 N. George St.
- Old Forge Brewing Co., 58 W. Market St.
All participating locations will have food and drink specials from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for those wearing the St. Patrick's Day Parade shirt.
Shirt pick-up is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. two Saturdays, Sept. 10 and Sept 17, at Central Market House, 34 W. Philadelphia St. Individuals can also pick up their shirts the day of the celebration from noon to 1 p.m. at The Gift Horse Brewing Co.
Shirts will not be sold the day of the event — all tickets must be purchased in advance.
—— Reach Tina Locurto at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @tina_locurto.