Fire kills 100-year-old man: reports

Harper Ho
York Dispatch

A 100-year-old man was killed in a house fire early Thursday morning, media outlets report.

Firefighters responded about 1 a.m. to the 300 block of Arendtsville Road in Butler Township, Adams County, according to abc27.

More:Fire at Mr. Q's Family Skate Center: Neighborhood institution destroyed

More:Plan on slippery roads during Thursday morning's snowstorm: NWS

Crews were still there at 4 a.m, and the coroner had responded, abc27 said. 

Faulty electrical wiring started a blaze in the basement of the home, WGAL reports.

The victim, whose identity hasn't been released, was in a bedroom and died at the scene.

>> Please consider subscribing to support local journalism.

— Reach Harper Ho at hho@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @howdyhoharper.