Man injured in Wednesday fire has died: coroner

Harper Ho
York Dispatch

The man injured in a residential fire in Spring Garden Township has died, according to the York County Coroner's office.

Richard Hinkle, 72, of Spring Garden Township, died Thursday morning from carbon monoxide poisoning at Wellspan York Hospital, the coroner said.

His death was ruled accidental, the office said. There will be no autopsy. 

More:One wild night led to three overdoses and allegations of abusing a corpse: police

First responders found Hinkle unresponsive at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in his home in the 1500 block of Hollywood Parkway after smoke was seen coming from the residence, authorities said.

More:Missing hunter found with broken leg after fall

“The fire was basically contained to one area inside the house," York Area United Fire and Rescue Chief Daniel Hoff said. “There was a tremendous amount of smoke that was produced from the fire."

Stay updated with breaking news. Please consider subscribing to support local journalism.

— Reach Harper Ho at hho@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @howdyhoharper.