Searching for salamanders and finding a 'dragon' instead: Daily Dispatches
Good morning, York readers! Here's the news you need to know.
Amid the heat wave sweeping across the country, one family in York County has felt its tragic effects.
Another bridge in York City has been closed for safety reasons. This one near the Memorial Park Complex is closed indefinitely.
More people in York County died of drug overdoses in 2020 than in any other year on record. But, at the state level, Pennsylvania has ended its opioid disaster declaration.
A 4-year-old girl who was searching for salamanders in a creek close to Pittsburgh found a dragon! Or something like that. Huzzah!
Here are this morning's stories!
- 'A tragedy': Heat likely killed York County boy found in closed car
- York City closes another bridge deemed unsafe for travel
- She thought it was a dragon: Girl finds fossil from ancient forest
- Pa. opioid disaster declaration is coming to an end
- Why you should not use ivermectin or other unproven COVID-19 remedies instead of getting vaccinated
Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!
Like the content? Please consider supporting your local journalists!