Spring Grove's very own makes waves in Tokyo: Lunchtime update
A local grad who's swimming in accolades at the Tokyo Summer Olympics is putting York County on the global map as she advances to the semifinals in the women's 200-meter butterfly. Hali Flickinger has been making waves and the Associated Press even predicted that she's favored to win gold!
Talk about muddy water (hello, awkward transition)... tides don't seem to be turning between York City and five local municipalities that oppose the city's sale of its wastewater treatment system.
York State Fair was such a hit on opening weekend that organizers are forced to make changes. That can't be entirely bad news, right?
Here's everything you need to know this afternoon:
- Spring Grove's Hali Flickinger advances to semifinal in 200M butterfly at Olympics
- Municipalities launch protests against York City wastewater treatment system sale
- York State Fair makes changes following long opening weekend lines
- Police: Hanover couple found unconscious at intersection with toddlers in car
- York County increases wages for 911 dispatchers by $2.50 an hour
- 'My boyfriend is going to kill you': Police say woman deterred attempted rape in grocery store
And here's hoping the rest of your afternoon goes just as swimmingly.
And, please, consider supporting your local journalist!