Fire displaces 11 in York City, kills two cats
A structure fire displaced eight adults and three children and killed two cats Wednesday night in York City, according to a news release.
Firefighters responded about 8 p.m. to the 200 block of West Jackson Street, where flames and smoke were billowing out of a residence, according to the York City Department of Fire/Rescue Services.
Crews confined the fire to one building, but there was water and smoke damage to some connected properties, according to the release.
The fire caused $190,000 in damages between the properties, and two cats died, according to the release.
Officials said the fire was unintentional and appeared to have been caused by an electrical failure from a microwave on the second floor.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents, according to the release.
— Reach Harper Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter at @howdyhoharper.