Sweet! Hersheypark sets new opening day (and new safety protocols)
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts has announced opening day for Hersheypark will be July 3 for the general public. Two days, July 1 and 2, will be set aside for season pass holders only.
All park attractions will be open, including the park's newest roller coaster, Candymonium.
The park will have new safety and sanitation protocols, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Those include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch areas.
- A guest reservation system to help limit capacity during park hours.
- Social distancing signage and ground markers.
- Face coverings and temperature screenings with all guests over age 2 being required to wear a face covering other than while eating or riding certain attractions.
- Ride protocols for social distancing and sanitizing.
- Enhance team member training to help guests.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts also has announced ZooAmerica will reopen to the general public June 22, with exclusive days for Zoo Annual Pass holders on Friday and Hersheypark Season Pass holders on June 20 and 21.
For more information on all attractions and hours, visit www.HersheyPA.com.