Roads to close for York City's annual Halloween Parade
The 70th annual Halloween Parade on Sunday, Oct. 27, will cause closures on several key roads throughout York City.
The parade, which is slated to star at 2 p.m. at the Madison Avenue gate of the York Expo Center, will travel south on Richland Avenue to Market Street, then east on Market Street through downtown York City to Broad Street, where it will disband.
Once the parade begins, there will be no traffic allowed to use or cross Market Street. Officials advise eastbound traffic should use King Street instead.
Additionally, Carlisle Avenue will be closed from Market Street to Highland Avenue. Motorists will instead be redirected to King Street.
Lastly, Richland Avenue will be closed from Market Street to Madison Avenue.
There will be no parking allowed on the following streets starting at 7 a.m. Oct. 27:
- George Street between Philadelphia Street and King Street
- Market Street from Richland Avenue to Fulton Street
- Richland Avenue between Madison Avenue and Market Street
- Carlisle Avenue between Philadelphia Street and Market Street
- First blocks of North and South Broad Street
Vehicles parked on these streets could receive a ticket or be towed.
— Reach Tina Locurto at email@example.com or on Twitter at @tina_locurto.