I-83, Route 30 speed limits restored
Update: The 45 mph speed limit imposed on Interstate 83 and Route 30 during Sunday's winter storm was removed Monday morning, according to PennDOT.
The state Department of Transportation said about 3 a.m. Monday that speed limits were restored. The 45 mph speed limit was put into place about 6 p.m. Sunday.
Additionally, a commercial vehicle ban in place on I-83 Sunday was lifted about 1 a.m. Monday, PennDOT said.
Previous: York County is under a winter storm warning from 1 p.m. Sunday, March 3, until 4 a.m. Monday, March 4, the National Weather Service announced.
The warning also covers Schuylkill, Lancaster, Dauphin and Lebanon counties.
Snow will develop in the afternoon and taper off after midnight, with the heaviest accumulation during the evening, the NWS said.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is urging residents to forego any unnecessary travel during the storm.
Restrictions: At 3 p.m., PennDOT will ban all commercial vehicles on Interstate 83 from the Maryland border to I-81.
The ban on commercial vehicles, including buses, covers these highways:
- I-78 full length from I-81 to the New Jersey state line;
- I-80 from I-81 to the New Jersey state line;
- I-81 from I-83 to I-80;
- I-83 from the Maryland state line to I-81;
- I-476 (PA Turnpike, Northeast Ext.) from Mid-County to I-80;
- Route 22 from I-78 to the New Jersey state line; and
- Route 33 from I-78 to I-80.
Also at 3 p.m. Sunday, PennDOT will prohibit empty, straight CDL-weighted trucks; all large combination vehicles (double trailers); tractors hauling empty trailers; tractors without trailers (bobtails); any trailers pulled by motorcycles, passenger vehicles, pickup trucks or SUVs; all motorcycles; and all recreational vehicles and RVs on the following roadways:
- Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76, I-276) from Harrisburg East to Mid-County;
- I-81 from I-80 to the New York state line;
- I-84 full length from I-81 to the New York state line;
- I-380 full length from I-81 to I-80; and
- I-476 (PA Turnpike, Northeast Ext.) from I-80 to Clarks Summit.