SUBSCRIBE NOW
99¢ per month. Save 90%
SUBSCRIBE NOW
99¢ per month. Save 90%.

Two displaced by Lower Windsor chimney fire

fire logo

A chimney fire displaced a Lower Windsor Township couple early Saturday morning.

Fire officials were dispatched to the 400 block of Jamison Road on Saturday, March 17, for a working fire that began in the chimney and extended into the walls, traveling up onto the roof, Craley Fire Co. Chief Jesse Frantz said.

The fire began about 1 a.m. in the single-story home, Frantz said, but a cause was not determined. He suspects there might have been a blockage in the chimney.

More:Four displaced in Lower Windsor fire

Two people who were in the home at the time of the fire, a husband and wife, escaped without injuries and are now staying with family.

Frantz did not have an estimate of damages but said it was likely the home would be salvagable.