Fire displaces three in Springfield Twp.
A fire at a home in Springfield Township displaced two adults and a child Sunday, Feb. 11, according to fire officials.
Fire crews responded to a report of a fire on Sydor Lane in Springfield Township shortly after 5:15 p.m. Sunday, according to 911 logs.
Fire began on the second floor of the home, located on a dairy farm, and was contained to that level, according to Glen Rock Hose & Ladder Co. Fire Chief Ronald McCullough.
“It was more smoke damage than anything,” he said of the home’s damage.
The residents exited the home safely and were uninjured, McCullough said, but all three are now displaced. The American Red Cross was called for assistance, he added.
The fire started from an electrical issue, he said, but he was unsure of the direct cause.
Fire officials noticed a tree had fallen on a nearby power line but said they were unsure if it was related to the fire, according to McCullough.