One treated for smoke inhalation after Dover Twp. fire
Crews on scene of a house fire at 512 E. Boundary Ave. in York City on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017. Dawn J. Sagert
One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a Dover Township home Tuesday, Feb. 6.
The fire in the 3000 block of Biesecker Road originated in the chimney and extended into the attic and living room, said Dover Township Volunteer Fire Department Deputy Fire Chief Brian Widmayer.
Fire officials were dispatched about 7:30 p.m., according to the York County 911 center.
Widmayer said the fire was put out within five to 10 minutes. There is no estimate of damages at this time.
Two people were in the house at the time of the fire, and one was taken to York Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, Widmayer said.
A cat was reported to be inside the home, Widmayer said, but officials did not find one.