Join the Conversation
To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs
Fire and EMS associations to receive $161K in state grants
Volunteer fire and ambulance associations in York County will receive a combined $161,000 in state grants, according state Rep. Stan Saylor, R-Windsor Township.
In total, 14 fire volunteer fire and ambulance associations from Saylor's 94th Legislative District — which includes Red Lion, Lower Chanceford Township and parts of Springettsbury Township — will receive the state funding as part of a program supporting first responders.
The most notable grant in the district was awarded to Leo Independent Fire Engine Co. in Red Lion, which is set to receive $15,000, according to a news release.
"Our volunteers are literally the backbones of our communities, and York County volunteers are the finest I have ever seen," Saylor said in a statement. "This grant program is just one way in which we can assist their efforts to keep us safe."
The full list of district fire associations and their grant awards:
- Airville Fire Co. — $11,543
- Canadochly Valley Ambulance Club, East Prospect — $7,091
- Community Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 of Yorkana — $ 12,096
- Craley Community Fire Co. — $13,754
- Delta Cardiff Volunteer Fire Co. — $9,109
- Lake Clarke Rescue Inc., Wrightsville — $12,464
- Laurel Fire Co. No. 1 — $12,280
- Leo Independent Fire Engine Co. 1, Red Lion — $15,000
- New Bridgeville Memorial Fire Co., Red Lion — $11,727
- Red Lion Area Ambulance Association — $7,037
- Southern York Co. Forest Fire Crew Inc. — $13,201
- Springettsbury Twp. Vol. Fire Co. — $11,727
- Union Volunteer Fire Company, Felton — $12,649
- York Area United Fire and Rescue — $11,727