Fairview Twp. woman accused of assaulting mother

A Fairview Township woman assaulted her mother and left her helpless for several hours before anyone found her, according to police.

Fairview Township Police say Jamie Rene Cooper assaulted her 62-year-old mother, breaking her hip and left forearm. Cooper also broke her mother's cellphone, leaving her unable to call for help for hours, court documents allege.

Police say Cooper fought with the older woman  about 10 a.m. Dec. 27.

Cooper, 41, of the 400 block of Centerview Avenue, is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. 

Jamie Cooper

Assault: According to police, Cooper's mother was attempting to walk back into the bathroom of her home, when Cooper began arguing and fighting with her.

Cooper shoved her into the wall, causing her to fracture her hip and left forearm, court documents state. 

Unable to call for help, the woman crawled on her stomach to the couch, where she was found several hours later by family members, charging documents state.

Police say Cooper's mother has health issues and was very frail to begin with.

More:Man accused of exposing himself at Fairview Twp. store

More:Fairview Township home destroyed in Tuesday fire

Calls: Court documents state Cooper's mother had called another family member several times that morning, but that family member could only hear Cooper yelling in the background.

That family member tried calling back throughout the afternoon but didn't receive an answer, according to officials. 

The family member then went to Cooper's mother's home and found her on the couch, police said. She was taken to a local hospital by ambulance.

When police arrived at Cooper's home  about 3:45 p.m., Cooper, "visibly intoxicated and disheveled," answered the door and said she was attacked by her mother, court documents allege.

Cooper had visible cuts on her forearm, which she initially claimed were from her mother but eventually admitted she user a dull razor to cut herself, police said. 

She was arrested and taken to central booking, where she was arraigned on her charges Dec. 28. She remains free after posting $30,000 bail.

A phone number could not be found for Cooper, and she does not have an attorney listed.

Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 29 at District Judge Scott Gross' office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.