Seven new York City Police officers sworn in
Seven new officers are joining the ranks of the York City Police Department.
According to a news release from York City, the following people were promoted to probationary officers during a ceremony Monday, Dec. 4, at City Hall:
• Corey Chivers, a southern York County native and graduate of Kennard-Dale High School. He graduated from Harrisburg Area Community College with an associate degree in criminal justice, and he graduated from the police academy in 2011.
• Shawn Wilson, a York City native who also attended HACC in 2011. He was previously an officer with the Wrightsville Police Department.
• Peter Fouad, a Lancaster County resident who went to Columbia High School. He graduated from York Technical Institute with an associate degree in criminal justice, and he previously worked for the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office.
• Alexander Bertolasio, a former Stewartstown resident who graduated from Kennard-Dale High School in 2012. He graduated from Millersville University in 2016.
• Brittany Inkrote, a Red Lion High School and York College graduate who previously worked for the York County Sheriff's Office for five years.
• Terry Reifsnyder, who was an officer in Chester County for two years.
• Chris Batten, born and raised in Newport News, Virginia, has been a Stewartstown resident since 2007.
Additionally, York City Police Chief Wes Kahley announced his retirement during the ceremony Monday.
— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.
Editor's note: The story has been updated to include the correct number of officers sworn in.