Susquehannock High Warriors hold 2022 homecoming: Photos

Couple accused in 2013 Dallastown assault

After nearly four years of investigation, police have identified two people who they say assaulted a man in Dallastown in late December 2013.

York Area Regional Police say Tyler Lee Robarge, 25, and Kayla Marie Hart, 22, attacked the man in the 100 block of West Maple Street about 8:30 p.m. Dec. 22, 2013, sending him to the hospital with multiple injuries.

Robarge and Hart, both of the 400 block of East Locust Street, face charges of aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit aggravated assault.


Assault: Police responded to the scene of the assault and found the victim bleeding from his nose and his right eye beginning to swell, according to court documents.

Police say it looked like Robarge was assaulting Hart, and the victim asked her if she was OK, to which she said she was fine. He asked her if he could accompany her to ensure her safety, which angered Robarge, according to police.

Robarge then rushed at the victim, grabbed him around the legs and took him to the ground, documents state.

Tyler Robarge

The victim didn't want to fight Robarge, so he just pinned him between his legs so Robarge couldn't throw more punches, according to police. 

During the struggle, Robarge bit one of the victim's fingers, as well as the inside of his left thigh, documents allege. Police say Hart yelled at the victim to let Robarge go, and she kicked the victim in the face and body several times.

"(The victim) said he attempted to block the kicks and his right forearm was severely injured," Sgt. Weyth Barley Jr. wrote in charging documents.

After she kicked him, he let go of Robarge, police said. The two then fled west on West Park Lane, court documents allege.

A few days after the alleged assault, the victim told police he suffered a broken nose, broken orbital bone around his right eye, broken right ulna, and severe contusion on his left thigh from the bite, documents state.

Investigation: Police say the initial description of the man who assaulted the victim matched Robarge, who is known to frequent the area of the assault.

"Tyler is known to all of us and has been arrested for assaults in the past," Barley wrote.

The victim, however, was unable to identify the assailants in a photo array provided to him, according to police.

The victim provided nail trimmings from the incident, and they were sent to a state police lab for testing. The results came back in November 2014, showing nothing more than the victim's DNA on them.

In November 2014, the sweatshirt the victim wore during the assault was sent to a state police lab for testing, and in July 2015, the results showed saliva samples on the sweatshirt, documents state. 

The results of that, which came back in October 2015, suggested Robarge was the suspect, police said. A warrant for Robarge's DNA was obtained, but Robarge couldn't be found, police said.

Between March and July 2016, police were unable to find Robarge. Family and friends told police he and Hart had moved to the Pittsburgh area, but there was no update on their address, documents state.

In August 2016, it was discovered that Robarge was being held at Westmoreland County Prison on unrelated charges, and he would be transferred to York County once his Westmoreland County sentence was completed, documents state.

In December 2016, Robarge was taken back to York County Prison.

Police say they spoke with him on Dec. 8, 2016.

"I don't know why this took so long," he allegedly told officials. He consented to have his DNA taken, according to police.

Police say Robarge spoke to Hart about their visit and told her not to say anything to police.

"I guess they will be coming for me next," Hart said, according to police.

On April 27, the results from Robarge's DNA swab came back, which matched the saliva on the victim's sweatshirt, charging documents state.

Charges for the two were filed Nov. 15, and Robarge was arraigned on them Wednesday, Nov. 22. He remains in York County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail.

Hart had not been arraigned on the charges as of Tuesday, Dec. 5.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser