Third person accused in Windsor Twp. home invasion
- Police say Amarryllies Toro, 18, was part of a group who broke into a Windsor Township home over the summer.
- Toro is also accused of using a debit card she stole from the home, according to police.
A third person faces charges in an alleged Windsor Township home invasion over the summer.
In August, York Area Regional Police filed charges against two people, accusing them of breaking into a home on Grim Hollow Road.
Police say Amarryllies Betsieanne Toro, 18, joined Anthony Kiel Cruz, 35, and Betsy Amaryllys Cruz, 33, in breaking into the home Aug. 14.
Toro allegedly was one of the people who broke into the home, and, according to charging documents, she used a debit card stolen from the resident.
Toro, of the 400 block of West Princess Street, is charged with robbery, burglary, trespass, theft, receiving stolen property, attempted simple assault and theft by deception.
Home invasion: Police were sent to the home for a report of a burglary in progress about 10:30 a.m. Aug. 14.
The resident told police that people he knew had broken into his house while he was sleeping.
Police say the group kicked in the basement door, then went into the upstairs portion of the home. Once inside, they shattered a mirror and a TV screen, documents state.
The group took a knife, an ax and pepper spray upstairs, where police say they sprayed the resident in the face. They stole his phone, wallet, PlayStation 4 and his keys, documents allege.
Tried to flee: Police say the resident began running outside, but Anthony Cruz held him and began fighting him.
During the fighting, the resident recalled Toro going inside his house with a 17-year-old and a 14-year-old, and when they came out, Toro and the 17-year-old threatened the resident, documents state.
Toro was holding the knife, and the 17-year-old was holding the ax, police said.
Toro and the two juveniles fled the scene in a silver SUV, according to charging documents.
Police said the group also hit the outside breaker box with the ax, causing significant damage to the multiple breakers in the house. The damage left the house without power, court documents state.
Couldn't leave: Although Toro and the others left, Anthony Cruz and Betsy Cruz stayed behind, according to police.
The Cruzes couldn't leave because Anthony Cruz lost his car keys during the altercation with the resident, documents state.
The resident was able to run to a neighbor's home, where he called 911.
Debit card usage: Following the home invasion, police say, the victim's debit card was used at Rutter's, Pizza Hut, Walmart and Sheetz.
Surveillance video from Walmart showed Toro and the two juveniles in the store, using the card, documents state. The three were seen leaving in a silver SUV, according to police.
Charges for Toro were filed Oct. 10, and she was arraigned on the charges Friday, Oct. 13.
York Area Regional Police Chief Tim Damon said Toro's charges weren't filed until last week because the responding officer was waiting for video surveillance footage of the debit card use.
Toro remains in York County Prison in lieu of $100,000 bail. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Oct. 27 at District Judge John H. Fishel's office.
— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at email@example.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.