Police: Dover man molested boy, 13

  • Police say a Dover man molested a boy more than 15 years ago.
  • Clyde Miller, 60, is accused of giving the boy drugs and alcohol, and molesting him.
  • Miller was remanded to York County Prison in lieu of $100,000 bail.

A Dover man is accused of molesting a boy more than 15 years ago in his Dover Township home.

Northern Regional Police say Clyde M. Miller would spend time with young boys, and he molested one of them in the early 2000s.

Clyde Miller

Miller, 60, of the 5100 block of Harmony Grove Road, is charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with someone younger than 16, aggravated indecent assault of someone younger than 16, corruption of minors and indecent assault of someone younger than 16.

Police say the victim came forward with the allegations in April of this year.

Boys: The victim, now 28, spoke with police and said Miller molested him at Miller's home in Dover Township when he was 13 years old, according to court documents.

He told police that when he was young, he and other boys in his neighborhood raced go-karts, dirt bikes, ATVs and snowmobiles for Miller.

The victim said Miller would often work on the go-karts at his home, and the boys would stay overnight on weekends, according to court documents.

While staying overnight, Miller would give the boys marijuana and alcohol as well as "pills" that were prescribed for Miller's bedridden mother, police said. He would also let the boys look at pornographic magazines and movies, documents state.

One boy would sleep in the bed with Miller while the others would sleep on the floor, according to police.

Incidents:  The victim told officials that Miller would get "touchy feely" with him and it made him feel uncomfortable, documents state.

Police say when Miller would have the victim drink and smoke, Miller would start making "inappropriate advances" on him and would tell the victim that he liked men.

According to police, the victim was given pills, and Miller would perform oral sex on the boy.

The victim told police he would pass out from drinking, and Miller would wake him up and perform sexual acts on him, court documents allege.

"(The victim) advised he attempted to avoid close contact with Miller when he was there with his friends," Detective Michael Hine wrote in charging documents.

Charges were filed Thursday, Sept. 28, and Miller was arraigned on them that day.

He remains free after posting $100,000 bail.

A voicemail left for his attorney, Dean Reynosa, was not immediately returned Thursday afternoon.

Miller's preliminary hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. Oct. 18 at District Judge David Eshbach's office.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.