LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A Collegeville man suffered a gunshot to the face last week and is expected to survive, according to police.

Lt. Troy Banket, who supervises the York City Police detective bureau, said that Douglas Diehl, 29, was shot in the jaw area just before 1 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 24.

The shooting occurred in the 100 block of South Belvidere Avenue, according to the lieutenant. 

Diehl was taken to York Hospital by ambulance and is expected to survive his wounds. 

What led up to the shooting is still under investigation, Bankert said. The lieutenant said officers still need to talk to Diehl.

He said police suspect the shooting might have stemmed from a robbery. No suspects have been arrested.

Earlier shootings: Thursday's shooting was the fourth shooting in York City within a four-day period.

About 7:20 p.m.,  Tuesday, Aug. 22, a 24-year-old woman suffered a grazing wound to her foot after being shot in the 800 block of East Princess St., police said.

It did not look as though she was the intended target, according to police.

Jamere Cherry was targeted outside his home in the 200 block of East Gas Avenue about 1 a.m. Monday, Aug. 21, Bankert said.

Cherry, 28, of York City, was critically wounded, he said.

Angel Santiago-Torres, 23, of York City, was shot while in the 400 block of West King Street about 1:45 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 20, according to police.

Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call York City Police at 717-846-1234, or text "Yorktips" and your information to 847-411.

— Reach Christopher Dornblaser at cdornblaser@yorkdispatch.com or on Twitter at @YDDornblaser.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/2017/08/25/one-shot-york-city-thursday-morning/602563001/